Monday, November 21, 2016

TickTock

11/14-11/20

Organ pipes at the Sagrada Família 

So sorry for not posting this at my normal time on Sunday (sorry Grandma)!! I have only 4.5 weeks left till I return to Oregon!! The time has gone by so fast.

This week was not very interesting (just school). However, two things happened this week that were cool.

The first was at dance.  On Friday I have a ballet class and I have seen a lot of improvement over the past two months.  My technique has improved, I can now do triple turns on both the left and the right (for those of you who are not dancers this is very good).  Another thing is the teachers that have taught the class are very direct and I have been getting some really great feedback and have been able to strengthen my ankle enough that I think I can go on point again.  Another funny thing was that the accompanist started to play the Star Spangled Banner at the end of class, and I sang half of it (he didn't know the second half).  

The second thing was I got to watch Rent the musical.  There was a taping of the 2008 Broadway production on YouTube.  I had never seen the whole musical before.  I had only heard the famous 525,600 minutes song, and Take Me or Leave Me.  I recommend watching it!  I loved the actress who played Mimi, and I am pretty sure that the actress plays Angelica Schluyler in Hamilton the American Musical.

I look forward to this coming weekend because I will be going to a friends house in the mountains and possibly playing in the snow :)


No comments:

Post a Comment