Sunday, December 18, 2016

My Last Week

12/12-12/18

Outside of the Museum 

So this post is about my last week in Lyon.  It has truly been a fantastic experience.  I have gotten to meet a lot of new people from all around the world.  My education at ISARA has been interesting, and fun!

So this week was the final paper and presentation of the Valrhona Chocolate project!  Lets just say that everything got turned in.  It has been an interesting and challenging project.  That aside getting to know my team has been the best part.  I will miss these girls when I return home.   Another thing that happened this week, was that I took the TFI (European french standard exam).  Regardless of how I do,  I am very proud of my self for answering all 180 questions on time.  The test is split into two parts, and the last part is the hardest.  The last part is 90 grammar questions, that are answered in home hour.  I finished answering the last question just as the teacher called time.  There were also some really great people in my french class that I will miss.  After the test we were all super brain dead!    But we pulled off this perfect selfie in front of the school.
Valrhona project girls (Me, Xiyu, Camila)
After TFI, last time at ISARA 
















This week there was a field trip to Savoir Lactée.  They are a dairy production facility, that has an interesting whey utilization method.  They use micro filtration to make sure that the liquid that is leaving their plan is basically water.  With the other part, they use it to make whey powered, and energy.  They methanate the left over to generate energy for their plant.  At the end of the tour we all got to take home some butter!

Friday night was my last dance class, and I am sad to be leaving.  I have improved so much while at this dance studio.  I will always remember the technique help I have gotten here, and the teaching style as well.  After dance I got to go and celebrate the end of school with the graduating class of ISARA.  I met Clara and Maëlle at a party and we got to hang out all together one last time.  One interesting thing that happened was when we went to go to this night club, there was a VERY long line.  We waited in the cold for about an hour and then decided that we just wanted to go home.  I went to call and Uber, but they were on strike and so the price was ridiculous for how far I was going. So I proceeded to just walk home!  It took me about 20 minutes to get home.  Since I was walking by my self at one in the morning, it was just a tiny bit scary.  To not be scared I proceeded to sing under my breath the entire way.  I sang everything form Taylor Swift to Sound of Music.  Thank goodness no one is out at one in the morning, or else they would have thought I was insane!  I made it home no problem and got to get all snuggled in my bed and warm up.
chocolate covered apple

I went to a Christmas market on Saturday to pick up some Christmas presents!  I ate this delicious chocolate covered apple!  It was a nice market with a lot of cute stalls to visit.  I would talk about what I got, but some of the people read my Blog.  

Side note for the week is that I went to the bank to close my account before I left, and when I got there they were Fencing in the bank.  I think it was the french Paralympic team?  Anyway it was kind of funny to see these bankers dressed in fencing gear and poking each other with mettle sticks.

Fencing at the Bank







 On Sunday I went the the Contemporary Art museum with Clara and Rachel.  This was basically my last outing in Lyon. I am great full that I got to hang out with my friends one last time!  At the museum there were three exhibits.  The first one was the best, and it was about street art.  The second exhibit was in three parts.  The first was advertisement, followed by rows of postcards and letters.  Then there was this tiny house that you went in and there was just a lot of creepy things in it.  Then there was a room that had a net in it and then you went in side.  There were birds inside the netted area.  The last exhibit was horrible.  This artist liked doing stuff with blood/human pain.  It was horrible.  When I got home I got to eat RABBIT!!  It was delicious!

Now it is time to say good bye to Lyon, and hello to Paris!  I leave on Monday to spend 2.5 days exploring before officially flying back to the US.  I will hopefully have one or two more posts about my time in Paris, then I will officially be signing off from this Blog!  Thanks to all that have been reading it.  I have had a lot of fun writing it as well!
Clara

Clara, Me, Rachel

Street art "thinking mind" 

Street art

Inside the weird house

Rock sculpture

Rocks drawn and sculpted 

Thinking artist

Birds in the museum 

More Birds 

Another bird

Last bird photo

A sculpture

Turtle sculpture eating a tomato 

interesting sketches

Rabbit with carrots

No comments:

Post a Comment